Whether you’re an avid council meeting minute reader or not, there is a lot happening at the municipality level that is relevant to our neighbourhood.
Relevant Muni News
Note: As our water situation has evolved to a crisis in our community, we have created an in-depth resource page here: 2019 Water Crisis.
- June 21, 2019: Staff report from Kathy Lalonde, CAO re: Update on the Bluewater Park & King Edward Bay water systems situation
- June 3, 2019: Staff report from Bob Robinson, Manager of Public Works re: Update on Bluewater Park Water System Water Shortages and infrastructure upgrade
- March 30, 2018: Bluewater Park water system annual report
Water System Updates
Our Bluewater Park water system local advisory committee (LAC) consists of 5 residents who work with Council regarding our water system issues and budget. They meet annually and the agendas, minutes and video recordings of the meetings can be found here . If you are interested in joining the committee, please reach out to our LAC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bluewater in the Media
- July 8, 2019: Water shortage hits two Bowen Island neighbourhoods
- June 27, 2019: Muni Morsels – water woes continue in Bluewater and KEB
- June 11, 2019: Council responds to “water crisis” in Blue Water and King Edward Bay and senior BIM staffer resigns
- August 2, 2018: Bowen’s fresh water levels are alright for now, but residents still need to conserve
- October 27, 2016: Funding drive for West Side children’s park begins
- August 27, 2015: Water restrictions for Bluewater and King Edward Bay
- August 15, 2013: Expanding Bowen’s trails and green spaces